Friday, August 11, 2006

Fighting to be with Him

Ok...it's been WAY too long since I blogged...and Dave you better comment on this because in a record breaking post this is going to be SHORT!! :D lol

I have my home page set on the Daily Bread So everytime I turn my computer on at work and open an internet page it comes up. The other day God gave me a real kick in the pants when I read the devotion for the morning. Basically the writer (David C. McCasland) spoke about being real. He referred to the passage in Revelation 3 where the Lord confronts the First Church of Sardis. He says this in verses 1-2

"I know your works, that you have a name, that you are alive...but you are dead. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God."

Wow...what a kick up the bum that was. I need to tell you that lately I have been feeling a little discouraged by alot of things in ministry. Actually, at times, A LOT discouraged! As a result of that I've often gone home tired and worn out and sat in front of the TV or sat on the internet and not spent real quality time with God. At times I've even heard God's still and quiet voice whispering in my ear 'Jodi, turn it off and spend time with me!' And so often I've ignored that whisper with an excuse...'I'm too tired Lord!'

When I read the Daily Bread I really felt God saying to me 'You're a Youth Pastor...and I know the things you're doing...I know you have a name...I know you're still doing good works...but are they my works? Are you giving them to me? Are you really alive...or are you dying?' I don't think I'm dead but what I do know is that I need to be watchful and strengthen the things that remain before they die...before I get so consumed in the discouraging things that I forget the encouraging things!

What a challenge...are you alive? Really alive...!?

2 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger Dave Miers said...

nice work with the short post.
i read the whole thing!!

can relate to your post. i wrote a post last friday with some similiar ideas.

it's so easy to waste time and not spend qual time with God.

keep lving for Him,
dave

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a cool blog Jedi.

I know what you mean.

And in the spirit of short blogs I'm gonna make this a short comment.

See Ya CHUM!!!

-Mooj xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home