Sunday, October 08, 2006

Music Camp Pranksta!

So I just got back from a week long Music Camp for Salvos from NSW, QLD and ACT...split into Snr (17-30) and Jnr (12-17) camps...held at the beautiful Collaroy, right near the beach...I haven't been to a Music Camp in 9 yrs so it was interesting going back as staff...was a little worried but it turned out to be the most AWESOME week!

Ok...so let me tell you about my favourite boys at camp. Travis and Jamie...my boys!! They're the bomb!! My official role at camp was Pastoral Care...running Bible Studies in Snr and Jnr Camps and helping run activities and camp devotions etc...but I also had the awesome privilege of helping Trav and Jamie run Drama...and MAN, I had the BEST week EVER!!



So, to continue with my story, I need to tell you about Kirsty...Kirsty is also incredible...an awesome woman of God with a FANTASTIC sense of humour...and who could forget Jade and Stuart...our awesome partners in crime!!

This is the story...I got back to camp on Thursday afternoon from shopping in free time and Travis and Jamie were painting boxes for drama...I had offered to help if I was back in time but was running late...so, with my shopping bags in tow and walking down a steepish hill, I called to Travis and asked if they'd finished...he ran over to me with a paint roller full of black paint...it all happened very quickly...he tried to paint me so I was pushing him away and my hands were full of paint (I had to drop my bags)...then he got his brother to help pin me down on the road and he painted my WHOLE face black! To top it off, he took a pic of me then when I went to wash it off there were hoards of campers near my room...so they all saw me and laughed...

It was PAY BACK time...yes, Travis, thats right...pay back sux!!

So, Kirsty and I enlisted the help of Jamie (cause he was sleeping in the same room as Travis) and we got into his room and short-sheeted his bed, stole one shoe, his toothbrush, toothpaste and his blue toothpaste/brush holder...oh and his PJ pants...little did we know how particular Travis is...this just added to the hilarity of it all...so that night Travis was most distressed when he realised his missing items because he never looses anything...over the next few days he was starting to cotton on to Kirsty and I thinking that we were in on it...(which of course we were)...

BUT...the best opportunity came up to continue the prank when Jamie told me that during a pray time with himself, Travis and Jade, Travis had said that they should pray for his toothbrush and shoe to be returned...so thats what we did...we put the shoe and toothbrush back on his bed under the covers and left this note:

My dearest Travis...

Your prayers have been answered...the safe return of your shoe and toothbrush. To be honest, one shoe was getting a little hard to walk on and I have a strictly 'no sharing' toothbrush policy.

I am, however, glad that you didn't ask for the rest back...your pants are very comfy, my breath smells minty fresh and my favourite colour is blue.

Enjoy your shoe and toothbrush.

God

PS...Sheets are getting shorter these days don't you agree?!


hahahahaha...go on, laugh...you know its HILARIOUS!!

So, he started asking questions, of course...he was on our case...but there was still about 3% of doubt in his mind that it wasn't me and Kirsty, so we decided we would go with that 3% and the prank must go on!!

This morning, the last morning of camp, was the grand finale with only the PJ pants and toothpaste and holder to return...so, last night we enlisted the help of another staff member, the awesome and funny Stuart (Stu)...Stu pulled the Salvo flag down for us so that we could hoist Travis' Pj pants up the flag ready for this morning's events...we got up in time for breakfast and when we got to the dining hall Kirsty and I took the toothpaste and holder to the breakfast staff and asked them to serve it on Travis' breakfast plate when he arrived...

It was all set...but unbenownst to us, Travis went to the beach for a swim that morning, so our plans were a little warped, but still equally as effective...he got to breakfast and, as planned, was served bacon, eggs, toast and his toothpaste and blue holder...he stood there in the most shocked and confused state...it was hilarious! As the lady serving stated: 'He looked at me as if I had two heads or something...he had no idea what was going on' hahahahahaha...then one of the campers ran in and in a loud voice shouted 'HEY...WHAT'S THAT UP THE FLAG POLE!?!?!' (this was planned of course...) so we all assembled outside where Stu was ready with his cornet playing 'The Banner Song' while we saluted the flag and waited for Travis to discover his pants...

Like the good sport that he is, Trav had a good giggle, took his pants down, put them on, rehoisted the flag, saluted, and continued on...

A prank well done!! And he still drove me home...Trav, if you're reading this, you're a champion...a true good sport...but I must warn you...be prepared for bigger and better things next year!! hahahaha...miss you brother!! lol

THE END!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home